Saturday, September 27, 2008






 

Dawn Breedlove 

 to Kim
show details 11/19/07
Reply
I called and spoke to Willene Garcia at Cabazon and she said that
because the case is not closed they will not give us the file. 951
922-7100,  I also spoke to Records and they said even if it is a court
order they will not give the records. I called 951-955-2440 and spoke
to Sharon about 2:50 pm 11/19
- Hide quoted text -
On Nov 19, 2007 9:55 AM, Emmerling, Kim <KEmmerling@rivcoda.org> wrote:
> Dawn,
>
> I spoke with Willene at the Sheriff's office. She wants confirmation from DA
> Rushton before she will release the police report info. I have emailed that
> information to him. The report will probably have information redacted per
> their policy. I believe it is usually suspects info that is redacted, I'm not
> sure. I printed the letters you attached to your email and put them in DA
> Ruston's mailbox.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dawn Breedlove [mailto:
crystalfinancial@gmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:26 PM
> To: Emmerling, Kim
> Subject: Authorization for Dawana from Lee Frank to get records regarding Nye
> Frank Fwd: eFax from 7148491311 - 2 page(s), Caller-ID: 951-849-1311
>
> Attached is a request notarized to have me be able to get the police
> report and statements regarding Nye Frank and Ty Reddish. My mother is
> 72 years old and not in good health and the stress of this situation
> compounds her health issues. I am the stepdaughter of Nye Frank and
> was raised by him and have been a member of his family over 30 years.
> Reading the  Victim's Rights manual and websites states that my mother
> is also entitled to extra help due to her age. Please update the
> police, Sheriff, DA office that I am the next of kin and have the
> right to help my mother. My contact information is below (they can
> also contact me at my mom's house 951-849-1311).
>
> Yesterday, I went to the Banning Police Department and they did not
> have the police report. They referred me to the Cabazon Sheriff
> department. When I went there, I spoke to Willene Garcia who is a
> supervisor there. She told me I could not get a copy of the police
> report or any statements. Also she questioned my being considered next
> of kin of Nye's as she said I am a stepdaughter not a blood family
> member. Then she said if she gave us anything it would have all the
> information blacked out. I asked her if she had a victims rights
> manual on site and she stated she did not and has not read one.  I
> called 760 836-1632 Central Homicide and have left several messages
> but no one answers. In the past I have requested the police report,
> statements in the file via phone, fax and letter. All requests have
> been ignored, or we have been told we cannot have them.
>
> I would like a way to go to court to have a judge court order our
> ability to get the police report and statements. Can you please tell
> us how or who can help us. We do not have money for an attorney. My
> mother has been left without any income with my dad passing away. I am
> willing to go where and see who we need to. Please help us with this.
> Today would be great, sooner the better.

No comments: